Harrison Clark Rickerbys
Harrison Clark Rickerbys offers the Defence, Security and the Forces sector a comprehensive legal service for both business and personal matters.
Our highly experienced team advises clients who operate locally, nationally and internationally and who supply a vast range of defence and security related goods and services. We also advise serving and former members of the military.
The team includes members who have first hand experience of the wide ranging needs of this complex industry and those serving in the Forces, as well as their families, and is well placed to offer specialist advice, providing both practical and commercial solutions.
We aim to build long term relationships with our clients, and know that you expect a personal and effective service to be delivered at a price that is both fair and reasonable. We provide expert advice with fees that are both transparent and competitive from the outset.
Contact any member of the defence and security team for an informal discussion. We would be delighted to talk to you and our initial consultation is free so please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you are not sure who to contact, please contact our general helpline on 0844 241 6102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For full details, please visit our website.
What we do for our clients
A client’s vital supplies to the MOD were maintained despite a serious security breach – when interruption could have compromised the safety of serving men and women in Afghanistan. A security company who had been contracted to protect a foreign royal family ran the risk of being exposed to litigation which they could not afford to lose. A tube manipulation company wished to purchase an American group. Our international experience in handling overseas deals was very important in terms of the project management and due diligence that was carried out on the target.
A security company who had been contracted to protect a foreign royal family ran the risk of being exposed to litigation which they could not afford to lose. A tube manipulation company wished to purchase an American group. Our international experience in handling overseas deals was very important in terms of the project management and due diligence that was carried out on the target.
A tube manipulation company wished to purchase an American group. Our international experience in handling overseas deals was very important in terms of the project management and due diligence that was carried out on the target.
A security alarms business wished to buy out the company from its Israeli parent. Our private equity and international transaction experience was invaluable in ensuring the transaction went smoothly. We dealt with the in-house legal team of the parent company and unravelled historic international ties, as well as dealing with the complexities and required protections arising from the sensitive nature of some of the company’s products.
A security company with 150 employees providing a full range of services, including close personal protection and surveillance throughout the UK instructed us to assume conduct of all existing legal issues, covering corporate acquisitions, property transactions, employment issues and dispute resolution. We also helped them set up a new office in Libya, which we were able to undertake in partnership with our MSI global associates in the Middle East.
“We have been a client of Harrison Clark Rickerbys for sometime. Our business is defence, aerospace, technology and a myriad of other industries. We have always found them to be very dynamic and helpful in the areas of law, litigation, business practice and HR. All of the services they provide are tailor-made to assist our business in going forward and enable us to be fully focused on our core business; we allow them to look after the issues that cause concern and distraction.”
“Clients praise this firm for its down-to-earth approach, advice on bespoke documents and ability to “provide London expertise at regional prices. They are good value for money.”
“… a commercial firm with partners and staff well able to serve the diverse needs of the business client. It is refreshing to receive partner level and personal service from outstandingly able, experienced and diligent lawyers.”
“ … we provide Security Solutions to a wide base of clients nationally and internationally. On occasions, we have had to deal with complex contracts involving international law. Harrison Clark Rickerbys’ team have managed to successfully conclude and confirm our procedures will be safe guarded. They have the experience and in-depth knowledge that enables us to concentrate on our business in hand leaving them to deal with the small print.”
“ We recently had cause to seek professional legal advice after the threat of a commercial injunction was raised against us. This was a major concern for our company and a distraction to our business. Upon recommendation, we contacted Harrison Clark Rickerbys who very quickly established the facts and corresponded professionally on our behalf. Throughout this period our appointed lawyer on the team provided us with calm professional advice, delivered in a reassuring manner. The outcome was favourable for us and we are extremely grateful to the HCR team for the professional services they’ve provided to date.”
Richard Morgan, Head of Defence and Security Sector
- Corporate, Commercial and Contract disputes
- National and international litigation advice and representation
- Provides assistance to the Export Council of the British Security Industry Association (BSIA)
- Deputy District Judge, High Court
Rebecca Kirk, Solicitor
- Advising on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters, including in relation to particularly sensitive or high profile issues
- Represents clients across the public, private and charitable sectors, with particular expertise in relation to public sector duties and decision making processes
- Negotiating and drafting confidentiality provisions and post termination restrictive covenants in order to protect confidential or sensitive information, trade secrets and other legitimate business interests
David Ashcroft, Senior Legal Counsel (Solicitor)
- Advising on product manufacture and international distribution agreements with particular reference to secure radio satellite communications
- Drafting and negotiating facilities management type agreements, including IT support, building and electrical equipment maintenance services
- Over 20 years’ experience in Holborn and the City of ocean-going ship construction, sale and purchase, finance and management
Jenny Staples, Solicitor
- Advising on general corporate matters, in particular dealing with acquisitions and disposals, management buyouts and corporate restructuring
- Providing advice on corporate formation, business structures, formation documentation and shareholder agreements
- Experience in restructuring defence and security businesses, including removal of exiting shareholders and hive up of assets